Are you thinking of starting a cottage cheese diet plan? This crash diet isn’t getting the respect it deserves these days. While there are lots of weird types of diet out there, it’s high time that we bring cottage cheese back into the limelight! This diet has been a favorite among athletes. It is the perfect snack to eat on its own. There are several versions of this diet, like the three-day and seven-day crash diets. In this article, I will discuss this meal plan, its pros, and cons. Let us now take a closer look at the cottage cheese diet.
What Is Cottage Cheese Diet?
A cottage cheese diet is one of the calorie-restricted, low-carbohydrate diets. This diet is a short crash diet meant to cause fast weight loss. It promotes a healthy weight loss journey by substituting cottage cheese with other foods. In short, it is a diet plan where you have to eat only cottage cheese at each meal for at least three days. However, you can also eat some fresh fruits and vegetables.
Cottage cheese is the powerhouse of nutrients. However, one cup of low-fat cottage cheese gives these nutritional benefits.
- Calories: 163
- Protein: 28 grams
- Carbs: 6.2 grams
- Fat: 2.3 grams
- Phosphorous: 24% of the RDI
- Sodium: 30% of the RDI
- Selenium: 37% of the RDI
- Vitamin B12: 59% of the RDI
- Riboflavin: 29% of the RDI
- Calcium: 11% of the RDI
Here, RDI stands for Reference Daily Intake
If you are planning to try on the cottage cheese diet, check out our 3-day diet plan further.
3-Day Cottage Cheese Crash Diet Plan
Now, you must be thinking how much cottage cheese should I eat a day? Below I have presented a 3-day cottage cheese diet plan for weight loss. This weight loss program will burn some fats by lowering calorie consumptions.
- Breakfast: 1 cup of black espresso or tea, one slice of toast, a half grapefruit, or a glass of grapefruit juice
- Lunch: One full serving of cottage cheese, one slice of toast, and black espresso or tea.
- Dinner: 3 ounces of any lean meat, 1 cup of carrots, 1 cup of ice cream, or frozen yogurt, 1 apple, and 1 cup of black espresso or tea
- Breakfast: 1 cup of black espresso or tea, one slice of toast, a half grapefruit, or a glass of grapefruit juice.
- Lunch: One full serving of cottage cheese with 5 salt crackers, and one cup of black espresso or tea.
- Dinner: 2 scorching canines, ½ cup of carrots, 1 cup of broccoli, 1 banana, and one cup of black espresso or tea.
- Breakfast: Black espresso or tea, 5 salt crackers, 1 ounce of cheddar cheese, and 1 apple
- Lunch: One boiled egg, one slice of toast along with one cup of black espresso or tea.
- Dinner: One serving of cottage cheese, 1 cup of carrots, 1 cup of melons, ½ cup of ice cream or frozen yogurt, 1 cup of black espresso, or tea.
You can also add some toppings to your cottage cheese meals. Below I have included some seasonings to enjoy this diet.
- Indian Spice Blends
However, you can also go for a 7-day cottage cheese diet plan. Both these diet plans will help you to rapidly lose weight.
Cottage Cheese Diet Benefits And Risks
Before you start with this diet, you must know its risks and health benefits. Below I have mentioned some important points you have to remember about this diet plan.
Below I have listed down some benefits of this diet for you.
- It helps to prevent insulin resistance.
- This diet can promote bone strength.
- It can also help to increase antioxidant protection in your blood.
Let us now check out the risk of this diet plan.
- High calcium intake may increase the risk of prostate cancer.
- Due to its high sodium content, it may affect your blood pressure.
Cottages Cheese Diet Pros And Cons
In the above, I have discussed the cottage cheese diet for weight loss in detail with you. Let us now see the pros and cons of this diet plan.
Below I have listed down the pros of this diet for you.
- It can help you lose weight even if you are not doing your regular workouts.
- Cottage cheese is very inexpensive and easily found at the grocery store. Usually, a large tub of cottage cheese will cost you for few dollars. This is why it is most favorable for those who are on a tight budget.
- Generally, cottage cheese on a low-carb diet is convenient for many diet followers. This food item is portable and easy to pack. You can take cottage cheese along with you to your work or school.
- As cottage cheese contains protein, it will help you to build muscle.
- This diet will help you feel full and energized for a longer period of time.
- Your blood sugar levels can remain stable by following this diet.
- This diet is great for people with digestive issues who want to restore their gut health.
- The cottage cheese diet for cancer could help to slow down the growth and spread of cancer cells.
Like any other restrictive diet plan, even the cottage cheese diet has its downsides.
- After a while, you may get bored if you only eat cottage cheese all day. This may sometimes spoil your weight loss goals.
- This diet may cause fatigue, nausea, and a feeling of weakness over time.
- It can lead to loss of muscle tissue in case you continue this diet plan for a long period.
- A cottage cheese crash diet can also affect your immune system.
- Sometimes, it may leave you more prone to illness.
- As it is a fiber-free diet it can cause constipation, hemorrhoids, and diverticular disease.
Is Cottage Cheese Good For A Diet?
Yes, this diet can be good for you. Cottage cheese diet foods are very rich in protein, calcium, and vitamin D. It will very beneficial for people having type 2 diabetes. But remember if you are lactose-intolerant, you should avoid this diet. Also do not follow this diet for too long if you have kidney problems. Sometimes you may experience a drop in your metabolism. Continue reading to know some more facts about this diet plan.
Cottage Cheese Diet Recipes
Here are some diet recipes for you. These cottage cheese recipes are super healthy, packed with protein, calcium, vitamin B-12, and selenium.
- Cottage Cheese Lasagna
- Strawberry Raspberry Cream Pops
- Cottage Cheese Mini Muffins
- Protein Cheesecake Mousse
- Sweet Potato Fajita Cottage Cheese Bowls
Healthy Ways To Enjoy Cottage Cheese Diet
Now what to eat with a cottage cheese diet? Here are some suggestions you can consider to enjoy your diet.
- You can add cottage cheese to your morning smoothies.
- For a healthy evening snack, you can top cottage cheese with some fresh berries, mangoes, or pineapples.
- Try to substitute mayo in chicken salad and egg salad with some cottage cheese.
- You can also substitute sandwich spreads like mayo or butter on toast with cottage cheese.
- Simply sprinkle some fiber-rich wheat germ, flax seeds, chia, seeds, or hemp seeds on your diet recipes.
- You can replace ricotta cheese with cottage cheese in lasagna.
Cottage Cheese Results
The cottage cheese diet before and after results vary from person to person. In this diet, you may lose mostly watery weight. Make sure you first use the short versions of the diet, rather than being on it for seven days.
Read Also: Cucumber Diet: Does It Work?
Is Cottage Cheese Good For Losing Belly Fat?
Yes, cottage cheese is good for losing belly fat. Cottage cheese is just protein with very little carbohydrates and fat.
Why Cottage Cheese Is Bad For You?
Cottage cheese consists of high sodium and lactose to which some people are intolerant. It may lead to high blood pressure and increases the risk of heart disease.
How Much Cottage Cheese Should You Eat A Aay?
You can eat at least three cups of cottage cheese a day.
How Much Cottage Cheese Should I Eat Before Bed?
You can consume one cup of cottage cheese before going to bed.
Which Cottage Cheese Is Best For Weight Loss?
Good old cottage cheese or paneer is the best one of you planning for weight loss. Both of them are packed with protein.
Read Also: Cereal Diet: Does It Work?
A cottage cheese diet is perfect for those people who are dreaming of losing weight. This diet is favorable for those who are on a low budget. You must be wondering can a cottage cheese keto diet helps you lose weight? Yes, cottage cheese can be keto-friendly. Above, I have discussed a diet plan for 3 days for you. In this 3-day diet plan, you have to consume cottage cheese three times a day. This may help to rapidly lose weight within few weeks. Thus, this cottage cheese diet will help you to successfully completing your weight loss journey.